eduroam at Borders College
Borders College participates in the eduroam WiFi service, which allows Borders College users and visitors from other participating organisations to use their log-in credentials to connect to eduroam. This also allows Borders College users who are visiting other organisations access to their eduroam WiFi service.
Users wishing to use the eduroam service must ensure their devices have:
- the latest service pack and updates for their operating system.
- up-to-date anti-virus software (it is your responsibility to ensure your device is free from viruses and spyware).
Acceptable Use Policy
- View the Borders College acceptable use policy by following the link here.
- View the JANET Roaming Policy here.
By using this service you are agreeing to abide by the acceptable use policies.
Device Configuration Link to documents
View instructions on how to configure devices below (Adobe Reader files). Copies are available in the Library.
- Connect with iPad
- Connect with Mac
- Connect with Windows 8
- Connect with Windows 7
- Connect with Windows 10
Log-in is in the format firstname.lastname@example.org Password
Note. Change name for other organisations
A list of participating organisations in the UK can be found here.
Support at Borders College
Feel free to contact our IT Services department should you require technical assistance with eduroam whilst at Borders College. Contact details below.
- IT Services opening times are 8:45am – 5:00pm Monday – Thursday and 8:45am – 4:00pm Friday.
- IT Services E-Mail email@example.com Tel 01896 662645 Tel Internal Ext 2645
Visitors from organisation that do not offer eduroam
If your institution does not participate in the eduroam service you can take advantage of our guest wireless network (college-guest). Please contact ISLT or the Helpdesk for a temporary guest log-in.